The best results for me is using 3 mini, loaf pans instead of regular size
2 Cups of Flour (I add an extra 1/4 Cup of Flour if using frozen bananas)
1 Cup of Sugar
1 Stick of Butter (softened) If butter is taken right out of the refrigerator I put it on a saucer and microwave it for 15 seconds to soften it.
1 teaspoon Soda dissolved in 1/4 cup of sour milk (add 1 tsp of vinegar in sweet milk)
2 Large Eggs
3 or 4 (depends on size) Very Ripe Bananas/fresh or frozen (if frozen thaw them on a paper towel first)
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup of Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Cream together butter and sugar
- Add eggs and beat till fluffy
- Add vanilla and mix in ripe bananas
- Add 1 cup of flour and mix with salt and milk/soda
- Mix in the other cup of flour and blend well
- Nuts added are optional
- Divide batter into 3-4 mini loaf pans that have been sprayed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes for mini loaves. If you are using regular size loaf pans (2) 8 3/4 in. X 4 3/4 in. then baking may take 50 minutes. You can use 3-4 Mini loaf pans/dishes if desired. Sometimes I like to use Mini-Mini dishes and give as gifts. Baking time would be 35-40 minutes. Test by using a toothpick. The bread is done when toothpick comes out clean.
- The above photo is an example of 1 Mini-Loaf Dish & 1 Mini-Mini, but pictures are hard to tell the difference. The Mini dimension is 5 1/2 in. X 2 3/4 in. The Mini-Mini loaf dishes are 4 3/4 in. X 3 in.
- My recipe made 3 Mini loaves and 1 Mini-Mini or 4- Mini-Mini loaves
- Banana Bread is always better with butter!
- I don’t waste anything so, since I had two shriveled up peaches in the refrigerator, I chopped them and added them to 1/3 of my batter. My husband said, “Super moist!” YUM!
- Original recipe from Church of the Open Bible Cookbook; 1974