Roasted Turkey BreastCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
If you are like my husband and only like Turkey Breast this is the way to go for the holidays. There is also less mess.
6-7 lb Turkey Breast, Fresh or Frozen
(you may be able to order a fresh breast ahead of time at your local store around the holidays)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salt to Taste
- Wash and dry with a paper towel
- Coat outside skin with Extra Virgin Olive Oil & Salt
- Place in a roasting pan; fill the bottom with an inch of water
- Cover tightly with foil
- Bake @ 325 degrees and check it after 2 hours to see if you need to add more water in the bottom of the pan. Bake for another hour.
- Remove roaster from oven. Carefully remove the breast from pan and place on a cutting board, placed inside a cookie sheet with sides to catch the juices. Cover with foil to let rest while you make the gravy.
- An electric knife works best to carve the turkey breast