Easy Chicken & Noodles
I have always used Frozen Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles. I tried making homemade noodles, but they weren’t any better than the ones I mentioned. Why go to all of the work to make homemade when Reames are the best. This company began in Clive, Iowa, close to where I live.
2 Whole Chicken Breasts
1- 24 oz Package of Frozen Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles
1- 12 oz Package of Frozen Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles
Use the broth from cooked Chicken Breasts
1 Large Can of Swanson’s Chicken Broth plus 2 small cans or 6-8 small cans
- Using a baking pan big enough for chicken, noodles, & broth, place the 2 whole chicken breasts, add water to cover breasts & sprinkle 1/4 tsp. salt; use foil to tightly seal pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Do this the day ahead and refrigerate.
- Cool and place in the refrigerator until ready to cook noodles. I like to do this the day ahead. Using a slotted spoon remove the fat floating on top of the liquid
- Cut out all of the cartilage and tough areas then cut into cubes and bag it until ready to cook noodles. Keep the broth for cooking noodles.
- The day of serving add a large can of Swanson’s Chicken Broth to the broth you saved from cooking the chicken and bring to boil
- Add the frozen Reames noodles stirring to separate. Turn heat to simmer, stirring occasionally and cook for 1 hour
- After noodles have been simmering for an hour carefully fold in the cubed chicken so noodles and chicken don’t break up
- Carefully, stir occasionally
- Simmer for another hour. It thickens as the noodles continue to cook. Salt to taste.
- To serve a large group, on a buffet, keep warm using a large crock pot that you have sprayed with extra virgin olive oil. Ladle the chicken & noodles into the crock pot and keep on low. It works well 1-2 hours ahead. Eventually you may want to turn the crock pot to warm. Add a little water or more broth if the noodles start getting dry. Make sure they are heated through before serving if you add extra liquid.
- If you do not want to serve 25 then cut everything in 1/2 or 1/4, but you want to make extra. Leftovers warm up nicely in the microwave by adding a little water.
- My guests love mashed potatoes with the chicken & noodles.
Reames noodles and Barb Bach’s recipe-? All I can say is -“double yum!”
Can you get Reames noodles in California, Peggy?