Moms if you are brave this would be a fun cooking lesson for your kids to work with you…wash hands, wash hands, wash hands!
2 Cups of Flour
1 – 1/4 Cups of warm water
1 TBLS Soda
1 Tsps Salt
Oil to cook with (I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Pour warm water; just enough to moisten enough to make a ball; carefully not adding too much. Knead dough on a floured piece of wax paper, adding just enough four until dough isn’t sticky and form a ball, then put back into bowl.
- Cover the bowl and let rest for 30-60 minutes (I waited 60 minutes)
- This recipe says it make 6, but that would make very big servings. I only made 1/2 the recipe and made smaller rounds; the size of a mini pizza. The 1/2 recipe made 5
- Separate dough into however many servings you want and roll into balls onto a floured piece of wax paper (for easy cleanup)
- Using a floured rolling pin roll each ball into a flat round like a tortilla
- Heat a skillet on medium; add 1 tsp. of EVOO before frying each flatbread. When frying these you may have to turn down the heat to keep from getting too hot
- When the flatbread begins to bubble turn over with tongs and cook another minute
- I plan on making mini pizzas with this flatbread.
- I enjoy eating cucumbers with flatbread, too
- This flatbread can be made ahead and kept under a towel before serving or frozen in double freezer bags for later use. They also can be heated in the microwave for a few seconds
- I enjoyed black bean/salsa/corn/cheese sauce with my flatbread
- Adapted from a recipe on Facebook