Crusty Artisan Bread
Easy bread recipe with no kneading. You just have to plan for it to sit 5 hours.
3 Cups of Flour
1 1/2 Cups of Hot Water
1 1/2 tsps. Salt
1/4 tsps. Dry Yeast
1 TBLS Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Measure all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir
- Measure water in a glass container and microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds
- Mix hot water and dry ingredients together then add EVOO and blend
- Leave mixed dough in the bowl; cover with a clean dish towel and let sit for 5 hours
- This is what the dough looks like after 5 hours
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and place your Dutch Oven and lid to heat up
- Place dough onto floured waxed paper
- Fold the dough into itself a few times; making a ball; place dough folded sides down into a bowl lined with parchment paper to let rest for 10 minutes
- Remove heated Dutch Oven from the oven and take the parchment with the dough ball from the bowl to place it into the Dutch Oven. Put lid on and place in oven to bake for 30 minutes
- Remove lid and bake another 13 minutes
- Remove bread in the parchment from the Dutch Oven and place into a napkin lined basket
- Slice on a cutting board before serving in a napkin lined basket
- This bread makes great toast. You just have to slice it thick enough so it doesn’t fall apart. It takes longer to toast than other breads.
- Adapted from Country Living Experience
- NOTE: The video directions are different than the directions printed below the video. However, since this was my first time making this recipe, watching the video was helpful.