My husband loves candied pecans, but has not been able to find any that he likes because they are too sweet. I adjusted a couple of recipes that I found and made my own recipe.
1 Pound of Pecan Halves
1/2 Cup of White Sugar
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 Egg White Plus 1 TBL Water
1 tsp. Vanilla
- Using a large enough bowl for 1 lb of pecans, wisk Egg White plus 1 TBL of water till frothy; stir in vanilla
- Pour Pecan Halves into egg whites and mix well
- Blend sugar, cinnamon, salt together, in a small bowl
- Add dry ingredients to coated pecan halves and mix
- Use a large enough baking sheet to keep pecans spread out in one layer
- Bake @ 250 degrees for 1 hour; stirring every 15 minutes, making sure they stay one layer. I used a spatula to separate them into one layer.