Classic Buttermilk Waffles
This recipe is very flavorful and dense; not crusty
2 Cups Flour
2 TBLS Sugar
2 tsps Baking Powder
1 tsps Soda
1/2 tsps Salt
2 Large Eggs
2 tsps Vanilla
2 Cups of Buttermilk
1/4 Cup of melted butter (1/2 stick)
1/4 Cup of Milk to thin batter a bit
- Mix all dry ingredients together
- Beat in eggs then add all liquid and mix well
- Plug in your Belgian Waffle iron or regular waffle iron; then spray with oil (I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil) I put a sheet of parchment paper under the waffle iron to catch any batter spills over the side
- When steam is coming out of your heated waffle iron add 1/2 Cup of batter; close the lid and set timer for 2 minutes. It is perfect!
- Add heated Maple Syrup and butter and enjoy
- My Belgian Waffle Iron is small so one recipe would make almost 8 waffles. I mixed 1/2 of the recipe and it made 4, but, again, it is small.
- FYI-I had a waffle left over so I kept it in a Hefty, freezer bag in the refrigerator. Later in the week I cut it in half and toasted it and spread peanut butter & jelly…YUM. I have not tried freezing yet.
- Adapted from simplyrecipes.com