Butter Cream Frosting
My go-to frosting for everything I bake that calls for frosting.
1 Stick of Butter
1 to 1 1/2 lbs Powdered Sugar (I prefer C & H)
2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
1/8-1/4 Cup of hot milk
- Heat butter and milk together in microwave for 30 seconds
- Add Vanilla
- Begin gradually adding powdered sugar and stir until smooth.
- The frosting should come to peaks so it is thick enough to made designs as you spread it on whatever you are frosting. If the frosting gets a little thick for spreading add a few drops of hot milk and stir thoroughly till frosting comes to a peak.
- I use this frosting on cupcakes, cookies, and cinnamon rolls
- This amount of frosting will cover 20-24 cookies or cupcakes or cinnamon rolls
- The frosting stores well in a covered container in the refrigerator for a week. Again, I freeze the cookies unfrosted and take out and frost as needed.