Made from canned pumpkin
2 Cups of Flour
3/4 Cup of Light Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup of White Sugar
1/2 Cup of Vegetable Oil
2 Large Eggs
1 – 15 oz Can of Pumpkin
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Teaspoon Clove
- Cream together all sugar and oil; add eggs and beat until fluffy
- Add pumpkin and blend
- Begin with 1 cup of flour, along with all dry ingredients and mix
- Add the other cup of flour and blend well
- Divide batter into: either two regular size loaf pans; 1 regular loaf pan and 2 mini loaf pans; or 3 mini loaf pans or 4-6 mini-mini or combination.
- Bake regular loaves @ 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- I bake minis separately for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. I like to give minis away to neighbors on a seasonal, paper plate. If you are using Mini-Mini loaf dishes they take 35 minutes to bake.
- Pumpkin bread is always better with butter!
- Adapted from the Church of the Open Bible/ Iowa Falls, Iowa Cookbook; 1974