Sweet & Tangy Bar~B~Q Sauce
1 Cup Heintz Ketchup
1/2 – 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (depending on how sweet you prefer)
2 TBLS Worcestershire
1 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard
Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder (add some Cayenne if you prefer more heat)
- Add 1 Cup of Ketchup to a microwavable 2-Cup bowl or Pyrex measuring cup. Stir in mustard along with seasonings to your taste. Add Brown Sugar and 2 Tbls. Worcestershire then stir.
- Cover, not tight, (I like Glad Press & Seal…seal two sides to let breathe) and microwave 1 1/2 minutes. Stir then microwave for another minute.
- The sauce thickens as it cools.
- If you like a little more heat you may like to add Cayenne Pepper. If you like it sweet, add another 1/2 Cup of brown sugar.
- This can be covered and stored in the refrigerator. Before serving heat in microwave for 1 minute and pour into a serving dish.