Lasagne My Way
Not everyone may like my kind of lasagne, but everyone I serve it to loves it. It is very easy.
2 lbs of Ground Beef
2 Cans Tomato Soup
1 – 64 oz Prego/Traditional
2 – 16 oz of Shredded Mozzarella
2 Boxes of Barilla Lasagne Noodles
This makes 1 – 11.75 in. X 9.38 in. X 2.38 in. pan/baking dish; plus an 8 X 8 pan/baking dish
If you don’t want to make a big batch just 1/2 the recipe. However, it heats up well in the microwave. Just add extra Prego on top.
- Fill a large skillet 1/4 inch of water and bring to medium heat. The heated water breaks down the fat so crumbles nicely, but you don’t want skillet too hot or it cooks too fast. Begin adding hamburger and mash it with a fork to crumble it. Turn heat to low while you continue the process to brown all 2 lbs. Salt and pepper and add onion salt if desired. Then drain the water off.
- Add 2 cans of tomato soup to the browned meat and stir to mix
- While browning the meat you can bring to boil a large pot of water that is salted to partially cook the noodles. I added 20 lasagne noodles to the large pot of boiling water. Turn heat to medium and only partially cook the noodles for 8 minutes. Then drain and use cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Add 3/4 of the 64 oz jar of Prego to the meat mixture and stir
- Spray your pans/baking dishes with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and begin the layering process…3 lasagne noodles lengthwise with sauce and shredded mozzarella; 4 noodles width; cutting them to fit
- I used 14 lasagne noodles altogether in the larger pan…4 layers in all. Then used the scraps for the small pan…3 layers.
- I had just enough sauce & cheese for these two sizes of pans
- Cover with foil and bake the large pan for 2 hours @ 350 degrees. Bake the smaller pan for 1 1/2 hours @ 350 degrees.
- I buy the baking pans at Dollar Tree but always use 2 pans together when baking anything.
Hi nice website https://google.com
Thank you! Let me know what works for you!