Healthy, Crispy Chicken Tenders
1 Whole, untrimmed Chicken Breast
3/4 – 1 Cup of Panko
1/2 Cup of Flour
1/2 Cup of Milk
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salt to taste
- Trim the breast by removing all of the veins. Cut into strips. You can filet the thick portions then cut in strips. If you prefer thicker pieces then bake 10 minutes longer.
- Use a skillet and fill the bottom with EVOO (1/4 inch) and bring to medium heat. Turn heat to medium-low when you sense it is getting too hot. You may have to add more EVOO as you continue to brown the chicken
- Roll each filet of chicken in flour, then milk, then coat with Panko; press the chicken tenders twice into the Panko
- Brown each side 3 minutes then place on a rack that is placed onto a cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper for easy clean up
- The photo above does not have the cookie sheet lined with parchment, but using parchment helps with cleanup. See below.
- Bake @ 375 degrees for 30 minutes. If you have thick pieces then bake for 40 minutes
- Go to Sides for the Roasted Red Potatoes
- Go to Sauces for the Barbara’s Bar~B~Q Sauce
- Buying the untrimmed whole chicken breast is the most cost effective