Lemon/Cherry or (Cranberry) Bread
Adapted from several recipes.
2 Cups Flour
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Dried Cherries (cut in 1/4’s) or Cranberries (cut in 1/2)
1/4 Cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
1/2 Cup Water or milk
1/2 Cup Oil or 1 stick of Butter or 1/4 Cup of Butter & 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Soda
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Mix Sugar, Oil OR Butter; and/or Sour Cream, & Egg together
- Add Flour & other dry ingredients; mix
- Pour the water/lemon juice and mix well
- Fill 3 mini loaf pans 2 3/4 X 5 1/2 in.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
This looks delightful and I am sure smells wonderful too! I am printing it out now!
I hope you love it! It’s a nice addition to a tea or holiday! Thanks! bjb