Cheesy/Green Bean Casserole
This green bean dish is a great alternative to the usual green bean/mushroom/onion holiday casserole.
4 Cans of Cut Green Beans, drained
Cheese Sauce (see Tab: Made from Scratch; Sauces)
1 Stick of Butter
1 Cup of Panko
Sprinkle of Salt
- Drain cans of green beans
- Spray baking dish, 8 X 8, with Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Add green beans then pour cheese sauce over and fold to cover all.
- See recipe for cheese sauce under Tab: Made from Scratch: Sauces: https://barbarasfrenz.com/2019/11/cheese-sauce/
- Melt a stick of butter in the microwave for 35 seconds
- Stir in 1 cup of Panko, then spread on top of the beans & cheese sauce. Sprinkle a little salt on top of Panko/Butter mix
- Bake uncovered @ 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours until nicely browned and bubbly
- Leftovers heat well in the microwave for 1 minute or so