LEMON-PEPPER GRILLED CHICKEN
I was always hesitant to grill chicken but I have found a way to make the best, moist grilled chicken.
1 to 2 whole, untrimmed chicken breasts ( 1 for 2 people/2 for 4 people)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Course, Ground Pepper
- Trim breasts to remove all veins and cartilage
- Cut in large strips
- Add EVOO just enough to fill bottom of a dish; big enough to lay pieces of chicken in one layer
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 a Lemon into the EVOO
- Sprinkle, lightly with Course, Ground Pepper
- Lay cut up strips of chicken
- Squeeze the other 1/2 of lemon juice over pieces of chicken
- Drizzle, lightly more EVOO
- Sprinkle lightly with more pepper
- Place dish in refrigerator for 2-3 hours until time to grill
- Turn gas grill on high and make sure it is at it’s highest
- Add marinated chicken on grill & close lid
- Turn temperature down to lowest setting
- Set timer for 4 minutes then turn chicken over with metal tongs
- Set timer for 4 more minutes
- Chicken will be moist and not dry and over done because I turned temperature down while cooking
- We love it with my homemade, Sweet & Tangy BBQ Sauce. See link in sauces:
- 1 Serving…..We love this so the # of servings may different in other households!
How perfectly yummy – will share on our FB group too!
Thank you, Bernideen, that means a lot, coming from you!